Should I be mad at grandma?

Feeling kind of hurt, but I don't know if I have a right to be? My nephew was born February 2nd and I love him to death. Today I went to my myspace account and found my mom's page filled with pictures of him and one photo of my son her grandson also.
My son was born November 14th and has never been mentioned on her page until today and it feels more like he's an after thought. "Oh by the way this is the other one" kinda thing.I'm surprised how emotional this is making me do I even have the right to be upset?

gabe11-14

Asked by gabe11-14 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It would hurt my feelings too, but try not to jump to conclusions before you've talked to her. Maybe she just got the chance to put the pictures on and intends to put more of your son on. Could it be that the parent of your nephew helped her put on pictures of him? I would ask. If that is not the case and it really is a case of favoritism, I'd let her know how much it hurts your feelings.  If she's a kind and loving mom, she will take your feelings into consideration.  Good luck and God bless!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I can understand why you are a little hurt but as long as Grandma treats the two boys equally I wouldn't put to much stock in the myspace page.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes I would be upset too. I would try and talk to her about it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would be hurt to.. It's her right to post what she wants, but I would feel like my child isn't as good you know? Maybe ask her about it? If she plays favorites on a webpage, she may play favorites in real life...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would feel upset too. Did she just create her myspace page recently? Maybe that's why she has so many pics of your nephew since it was a recent birth. She might not have recent pics of your son. You should email some to her and she could put them up.
    Anonymous

• I woud be a little upset about my children being on Myspace too much. Internet isn't a good place for children. Pictures or otherwise, that's just my opinion.
    KorisMum

Answer by KorisMum at 11:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would probably be hurt too. Does she have just as much access to your son's pictures as your nephew?
    My MIL "favors" my niece and nephew also (nephew is 6 months older than my son) she has a zillion pictures of them at her house... husband is hurt by it... but at the same time we live much farther away and we don't send her pictures very often.
    Is there anything like that going on that would cause her to "favor" her other grandson more?

I don't think I would be mad at your mom on this... maybe just bring it up. Say something like... hey I found you Myspace, the pictures on there are cute... I noticed there aren't many of my son, do you need me to send you some more pictures?
    I bet she will get the hint.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, try not to be mad at her. I'm sure she loves both the babies equally. She may have just got the hang of posting pictures, or maybe got more pictures from someone for this baby from the parents. But as a grandma myself, I would want my daughter to talk to me, if something was hurting her about something I've done, and I would be open to listening to her with compassion. Definately let her know how you feel first, not angry, but in an emotional way.
    Ginger_07

Answer by Ginger_07 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Just an update: I talked to mom last night,sent new pictures of Gabe. Went online this morning only to feel hurt even deeper then before.... More pictures of my nephew adding the total to 20 pictures of James my nephew 1 picture of my son Gabriel. Even though both are her biological grandchildren.

gabe11-14

Answer by gabe11-14 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009