Does anyone have advice on actitivies to do at home for my toddler who is supper active, people tell me all the time he is hyper active,

Does anyone have advice on actitivies to do at home for my toddler who is supper active, people tell me all the time he is hyper active, but i am not sure if that is the case or he just needs more activities now that he is it in his two's.

bluna3

Asked by bluna3 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is super active. We have a puppy so she runs around with a treat, or ball for the puppy which wears her out because the puppy chases her haha.

You can find out door activities, fresh air is so good for them. I know it's hard in the winter though. We also play catch, although she rarely catches the ball.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds a little like my boys. I have to keep my 4 year old and my 20month old busy all the time because other wise I think they would destroy my house. We do a lot of blocks, mr potato head, reading books, coloring, playing ball, that kind of thing. My youngest loves balloons so just blowing up a balloon and bouncing it around can keep him entertained for a long time. Both my boys like bath time so sometimes I just let them play in the tub with bubbles or I put food coloring in the water. My advice would be to just take what ever your boys likes to do and run with that. Good luck.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 11:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• your child maybe adhd or add. The only way to find out is talk to ur peditrician. i got my to slow down by taking her to a good chiropracter. You might what to look into it as well so ur little one won't be on the drugs.
    Anonymous

• #1. He's a baby, they have the most energy @ his age, they're discovering the world. #2. He's a BOY! Boys tend to have a lot more energy. #3, it's winter. They can't go out and they have to get their energy out somehow!

My suggestions:
    *Choo Choo Soul (there is a CD/DVD combo for $12). My kids dance to it for hours. They love it! (They Might Be Giants is another CD/DVD combo)
    *We do gymnastics time (somersaults mostly)
    *We have "jumping contests", rolling contests, racing, crawling, you name it.
    *We imitate Backyardigans dances
    *He has a Tiger N Pooh baby bike (it's small, ok for inside)

Calming things:
    *paint/color (my son did both by 1 yr)
    *playing in the water while you do dishes
    *Moon Sand (my son is 2 1/2 & is ok w/ it, but you may want to wait till he's older)

I always tell people, the hardest part about being a SAHM is keeping the kids busy & the house clean! It's either 1 or the other! G
    LuvnIt2

Answer by LuvnIt2 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• dancing! I forgot dancing lol. My dd loves when we turn on the local rock station and we just dance!

I didn't include any non active activities in my post because I assumed you want to know what we did to let them release energy lol. It sounds like I treat my daughter like a dog.. haha but she loves it.

I also recommend ignoring anon who mentioned add adhd.. it's pointless and dangerous to diagnose at this age, to be honest.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• we would do bubbles inside, watch KIDSONGS DVD's which have dancing and singing ( drove me nuts, but they play over and over without you restarting them) we'd do the crayola magic fingerpaint and markers sets, also do the paint dabber paints, get a box from a store or pull out the laundry basket, mine would spend at least an hour playing with that! We would string fruit loops onto new shoe strings, made home made playdough and used cookie cutters to cut them out. I would let mine play with the pots and pans and wooden spoons, miy daughter even enjoyed trying to carry around a easter egg ( plastic) with one of her spoons! If money isnt a problem, I'd get one of those bicycles that they ride and play the video game. I also would keep toys put up and change out the toys instead of keeping them all out, stuff a backpack with all kinds of stuff and let him go through it and then re pack it with what he wants
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 2:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• set up an obsticle course. Things to go over and under, around. I have a small workout trampoline that my dd loves to jump on. Best part is there are no springs to catch her fingers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009