Help with door prizes (lets have some fun with it)

We are doing a fundraiser at a bowling alley soon (and yes I asked a question about that too) for Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure 5K. The owner of the bowling alley suggested having door prizes. What type of items do you think would be good. I need ideas that are cheap because we don't have a lot to start off with. I need ideas that would be good for men, women, and kids.

I am going to ask the movie theater if they would donate some tickets and also if my favorite restraunt would be willing to donate a gift certificate but other than that I am blank. My mind has just gone on strike tonight. LOL

Juggalette0327

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I would strictly do gift cards...easy and cheap! People are genuinely happy to win anything, even a $5.00 McDonald's gift card! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Well, if the bowling alley is sponsoring you, maybe they'd throw in some free games?
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• What other businesses do you have in the area? Maybe some could donate some "gear" with their logos? Maybe some old Race for the Cure T-shirts or something? Ask anyone and everyone you can think of and you might get some good donations! :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Grab bags from the Dollar Tree for the kids.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Yes ask for donations. Local companies love to contribute! Dollar store and oriental trading company website.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• I'll be asking every company in town for a donation of any kind (the worst they can do is say no). We were also thinking about possibly getting something small to make sure every kid who came would win something. Is that a stupid idea or no?
    Juggalette0327

Comment by Juggalette0327 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2012