How many c-sections have you had?

How many c-sections have you had? I've had three, about to have my fourth... and all three so far have been very different experiences. My first was under general anesthesia, and he was rushed straight to surgery after he was born, so I only saw him for a few seconds after I came to. My second would have been just fine except that I jumped during my epidural, and my anesthesiologist YELLED at me that I almost paralyzed myself... which isn't something you should tell someone about to give birth anyway, let alone someone with anxiety problems lol. My third would have been find as well, they did a spinal instead and it worked much better for me... the only problem was that it took nearly an hour because they couldn't find my second ovary... in fact, it was during THAT c-section that they discovered that I didn't HAVE a second ovary lol. Anyway, I was just wondering about your c-section experience...

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 11:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've had one c-section. My son was born naturally and I had to have a c-section with my daughter b/c she was breach. They discovered during my c-section that I have a heart shaped uterus, which is probably the reason why she was breach lol. When I have more kids, I'll have to have c-sections again, so hopefully they go as smoothly as my first. I loved my c-section more than giving birth naturally! lol
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my first was uncessary and was a result of an unsuccessful induction. i tried to do too much after returning home and ended up popping some of my external stitches. that added 2 more weeks of recovery time on; the second time the recovery was much easier.

my second was an emergency. i arrived at the hospital in labor, 4cms. my water broke shortly after arriving and it was saturated with meconium. i tried to continue and deliver vaginally(i was 7cms after my water broke)but my son's heartrate started to drop into the 50's with each contraction. it was an awful experience.

i'm planning for a vbac the next time around.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• 3. One emergency, 2 scheduled. But you knew that lol
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• One emergen.cy and the rest (one, someday) will be schedule. It was not easy and I don't look forward to the next . . . only to the little wonderful angel!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My first baby was in a breech position, so she was c-section and I was awake. The other 2 babies were delivered normal vaginal deliveries. I was fortunate to have a doctor that monitored me closely and allowed me to try this. I was also brave, had no pain medications during the 2 normal deliveries. Didn't want them. Everything was fine....not easy, but not that bad either.
    Ginger_07

Answer by Ginger_07 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• one kid, one emergency c section..and they told me next time i get pregnant, it will be a planned c section
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• 3 in 2 1/2 yrs.

1st was emergency after my water broke at 34 1/2wks and had been in labor for 63hours without progressing. They did an epi and I could feel them cutting me I wasnt numb all the way.

2nd was not planned but wasnt emergency. I tried for a vbac but after 24hours and not progressing I decided to have the c-sec.

3rd was emergency. I went into labor at 38wks and they said I could NOT do a vbac. So as soon as I got to 7cm they rushed me to the OR. It only took 5hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have had 2. The first was easy and the second 13 months later a bit rougher.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've had two(in 2001 and 2003) followed by a vaginal birth(in 2007) and another planned for some time in the next few weeks! I do not like c-sections at all. Mine were hell for me.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've had 4 (in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2006). The first 3 were okay. The 2nd was the easiest recovery ever (I was ready to leave the next evening and felt great). But with that one they also had a super hard time getting the spinal in (took forever and the doctor hit a nerve 3 times). The same thing happened with my 3rd because I was so tense worrying about a repeat of the year before. Finally my OB calmed me down by talking to me and petting my head and it went right in (I adored her).
    My last surgery went well. I was in the OR alone because hubby was with the kids in the waiting room so I was bored. The recovery sucked though. I got a uterine infection and was in intense pain for months afterwards. I only started feeling better around her 1st birthday. She'll be 3 in a couple months and I feel perfectly normal now.
    All 4 of mine were planned for various reasons.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009