my cycles are irregular, is this a problem?

Hi Ladies! My husband and I are ttc and since I have gotten off the pill my cycle lengths have been irregular. It has been 30, 28, 23 and now 20 days long! What's going on? Am I still ovulating? Thanks!

BernalGal

Asked by BernalGal at 11:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You most likely are ovulating. When ovulation occurs, the few days before, during and after you will have a clear stretchy discharge that is very sperm friendly. If you first start noticing this, you are ovulating, and it's the perfect time for conception.
    Ginger_07

Answer by Ginger_07 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The best thing to do is start charting, that will tell you for sure if/when you're ovulating. My cycles have never been regular (24-79 days), and that helped me a lot. Charting temps won't do much for telling you when you're going to ovulate, but it will tell you for sure when you have ovulated. Looking at cervical mucus or using OPK's can help you figure out when you're going to ovulate.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009