Who has the best potty training tips?

I have a 20 month old potty training. She has used the potty a couple of times and is interested. Looking for good tips and advice.

DarkStarChilde

Asked by DarkStarChilde at 11:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just went to underwear & did not go back to diapers/pull-ups except at night but he was staying dry all night anyway. #1 was easy but #2 was harder; took a bit longer. Very messy but with patience & understanding he got it. It helped to stay home for a few days & get him in a routine. I now have my 2nd who is 20 months old to try but he is being more stubborn! Good luck!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 11:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• #1 Key is Consistancy!
    #2 Get excited when she does her buisness!
    #3 Reward her accordingly (depending on how you do rewards ((i.e. praise, stickers, small toy)) and just drag out how good she is doing)
    #4 CONSISTANCY!!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Get every book and movie for kids from the library on potty training.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• well how i trained my son to use the potty i would put him just undies in the house yeah my floor was the toliet but after a couple of times peeing on himself he learned i never put him pull up only when we would go out and sleep but other than that only undies try that to see if i works on ur daughter good luck!!!
    aaronjaylene00

Answer by aaronjaylene00 at 3:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my daughter is 31 months and we've potty trained so many times i've lost count. But finally when the ice storm hit and we had to stay at my mom's. Madyson (my DD) would follow my mom to the bathroom every time my mom walked down the hall and my DD has been peein in the potty since then. We do have a few accidents every day but she pees in the potty more then the accidents. She's been potty training for 8 days now.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 8:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2009