How do I open up my heart again?

I have been hurt by most of the guys I've had a relationship with. I seem to fall for the same guy. Not on purpose but they end up that way. So now after my divorce when I go out with a guy as soon as he shows me anything close to what my ex-husband did to me I run. How can I get over this and start to try to find true love? Will I ever be able to let everything go and start dating again?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop dating.....for now. Find out what you like and who YOU want to be..minus a man....and do it. No one will make you happy unless your happy with yourself first. Trust me on this....when you stop expecting anything to happen, it will kick you in the ass and with the guy you weren't ever expecting. I know it's damn lonely...but it's better than being with someone who isn't worthy of you. Go for the gold!!!
    TylersMom323

Answer by TylersMom323 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Don't stop dating. Keep on dating but accept them as just that, dates - maybe friends. Don't LOOK for true love. When it comes, it will make itself known. For now just enjoy meeting new people and take it for what it is, merely socializing and networking. You can't rush love.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There is a good and fast read called " Love is letting go of Fear" read it.
    I agree..stop dating until you can get over your last love and figure out what makes you tick..get yourself busy and independent...and the right guy will appear. focus on your life and the things that you enjoy......get a bunch of girlfirends to hang with instead of trying to fulfill it with a guy. You will be so busy that you may not settle for any ol guy
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009