when should i stop giving milk before bed?

When should I stop giving my kids milk before bed time?

megababies

Asked by megababies at 11:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my son is 3 and he still get's it... he loves his bedtime cup!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• welllll...hmmm Once he is off the bottle..maybe 2 ish. There have been studies that milk actually makes the mind more alert
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• once my daughter was off the bottle, i kept giving her milk in a cup before bed, but only like 3 lil sips of it..she probably did that til about 2.5 yrs..i stopped it once i started potty training her..no point of potty training, if youre gonna give them milk right before bed..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I give my daughter who is three warm cows milk prior to bedtime. are you breastfeeding? I breast and bottle fed her until she turned one year about, then sippy cup then coffee mug. Milk still has sugar thus can cause tooth decay if you brush teeth and/or gums it is beneficial.. Warm milk has tryptophan in it and can lead to a more restful sleep. I say give him milk before bed until he is nineteen years old and goes to college to buy and consume his own milk products before bed then brushes teeth afterward. I have read studies which concluded that the tryptophan in milk does the opposite of making alert, but sleepy.

GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• you should have never gave your child milk before bedtime. My son is almost one and when he was about 5 months i decided not to give him milk before bed. It rots there teeth and its a bad habit to take them off. Try giving them warm water if they have to have something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2009