Did you know this?

Yesterday my flight was cancelled from O'Hare and i was put on another flight. When I arrived in Newark my bag never showed up. I went to the United counter and put a claim in they checked and my bag was still in Chicago. They told me my bag would be delivered to my house when it arrived in Newark. The company that delivers the bag sent me many updates on the bag and also a picture of the person who was delivering the bag. My bag arrived at my house at 6Am today in tact. I was impressed.

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 9:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2012 in Travel

• Wow! I'm impressed!

Welcome home!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• yes. Newarl Liberty gets a bad reputation but by far is great with customer service hands down compared to other airports.I know it was the airline but one of the worst airports i have ever been to was in Tampa when they had the audacity to test the water before you got on the plane. WTF? Then do not allow the small bottle of poland spring. It was so ridiculous.....to test everyone that had a water bottle and then when i said i did not want the bottle back the employee asked what was he going to do with it? I kid you not...
    jossstone1969

Answer by jossstone1969 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Very nice. United is doing a great job.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• That is awesome
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Wow, I didn't. I love the fact that they cared enough to send you a picture of WHO was delivering. That's very reassuring.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Wow, that's great!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Lucky you! I had that happen and about 1/2 my stuff was gone,, good job United!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• When United gets it right, they are a great company to work with.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:58 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Yep, I've had one delivered to my door, too when something like that happened. I thought it was very nice, but the person who delivered it kind of irritated me. I lived in LA at the time, and they came at about 5am...refused to answer "who is it" when I asked...just "maam, open the door" Um...excuse the hell outta me? Not in LA, when it's still dark out, dude!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Yes and they also sent an email to waive the signature so the driver would just leave it at the door.
    DJDNY

Comment by DJDNY (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2012