everything you DIDNT get at the shower...

Okay so obviously you have to go out and buy everything you didn't get at your baby shower.. right? Well, how much did you spend on everything?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 12:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• over $400 not including furniture. I got nothing on the list. Everyone bought clothes and blankets!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I know i have spent over 200, because i figured anything i get at the shower is extra. i just try to pick up something for the baby (cream, wipes, diapers, etx.) every time we go shopping.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 12:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I dont remember how much we spent... but like post #1 most people got me clothes and cute stuff not stuff i needed. Thankfully we bought a crib already on sale, and we got doubles so we returned and got the things we needed plus gift cards helped!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well our crib and dresser were $600. The glider was $250. We got pretty much everything else at the shower. I did get some little odds and ends like the changing pads, covers, extra sheets and a few other things and spent probably $400.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't know where you're registered, but I was registered at Target, and about 2 weeks before I was due, I got a coupon in the mail for 10 or 15% off of anything on my registry. So I added EVERYTHING we needed (including laundry detergent even- haha) and went and bought it then.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I didn't get very many practical things as gifts, either. I mean, my mom and dad got the crib and my step-mom and dad got a travel system,and a friend gave us a crib mattress that she no longer needed. Everyone who came to the shower got cute clothes or toys. I can't remember anyone getting anything from the registry. I wound up spending over $300 on a crib set and the matching accessories, $20 for a bathtub, $50 for a second hand pack-n-play, $35 for a bouncer, $10 for a mattress pad, $20 for a seat protector for my car, $12 for a mirror so I could see the baby in the car, $40 for a second hand changing table, $20 for a changing pad for the table, $25 for two covers for the changing pad, $40 for a floor gym, $25 for bottles, $30 for a diaper bag... I could go on and on. So, I figure we probably spent close to $1,000.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 3:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2009