What do you think should happen?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13333450-no-papers-no-fear-undocumented-immigrants-declare-themselves-on-bus-tour?lite

They’re illegal immigrants advertising the fact and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) needs to pull them over and detain them,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center of Immigration Studies, a think tank that supports tighter immigration controls. “I mean, it’s as simple as that. … you can’t arrest every illegal immigrant but it seems to me advertising your illegality ought to be reason enough for you to be detained and removed from the country as a priority and the fact that they’re not is outrageous

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• They are here illegally. As far as I'm concerned their illegal status mean they have no rights so I really have a problem when they start talking about discrimination. In no other country can one sneak across the border and expect to have all the same rights and priviledges as LEGAL citizens and be able to scream discrimination if they don't get what they want. It's beyond rediculous and does legal citizens, especially LEGAL IMMIGRANTS a huge injustice.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Arrest them. Same as you'd do for any drug dealer or prostitute who offers their services publicly and openly. If they're so committed to their cause, they won't mind.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Don't we have prisons somewhere that require hard labor?

I think if they want to brazenly and defiantly ignore US law they should spend some time in a US prison that would make them earn their keep and give them a real incentive to either be legal or be gone. After the crap that has been in my local news this past month, I really just wouldn't care if they sent EVERY illegal they catch to one of those prisons ~ and that includes mothers and their children.

Sorry, but I'm NOT sorry for feeling this way. When an illegal can run over a police officer and a fireman, driving with no insurance or license, while jabbering away on a cell phone, and they turn around and howl about discrimination because they ~ gasp ~ got arrested, I just can't make myself care anymore about her 5 poor little children. Send the entire lot of them back where they came from or make them regret ever crossing our border.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2012

• They need to be arrested and deported, not allowed to flaunt that they entered this country illegally. I'm all for learning about different cultures and ways of life, as long as they came here legally.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Another failure for the government.
    Arrest and deport them.
    What country could you or I go to and openly refuse to comply with that government requirement?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2012

• " ICE agents have been getting in trouble for trying to arrest illegals that haven't committed felonies"
    Isn't the fact they are illegally, a felony? Its a federal offense....
    So I read the article, so I wonder whats stopping them? Gas money? Lack of buses? Hell I chip in every spare penny I have to help out! As far as I am concerned, they are flaunting the fact they are illegal, and our govt isn't doing anything about it, weakens us and makes us laughing stocks in the rest of the world's eyes. And I hate that, its demeaning. Well maybe a potential terrorist that has a plans to attack by using our lack of security at Mexican boarders will die laughing at us infidels.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2012

• It wouldn't matter if they did. This administration has made it clear that if you are an illegal immigrant that you are in the clear unless you commit a felony. What do you want to be that the average illegal knows our criminal classifications better than the average citizen? ICE agents have been getting in trouble for trying to arrest illegals that haven't committed felonies. What's the point of them pulling the bus over unless someone is doing something that would be considered a felony? They could face suspension or termination.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2012

• they should be arrested and given the option to become citizens or face deportation. i dont mind illegals becoming legal...but if they refuse to, then they should be kicked out.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2012

• ICE should escort their bus to the border & make sure they all get off & go back home. The USA is not their home until they go thru proper channels. It's mind boggling that illegals feel like they have any rights afforded to our citizens. This wouldn't happen anywhere else. It's a disgrace that it happens here.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Regardless of who is getting deported the number is increasing, starting with G. Bush, (Yes I AM giving him positive credit) and continuing till the first quarter of this year. It has not dropped (over 390,000 deportations for 2011), but the rate of increase is slowing. It small consolation when our immagrations system is so screwed up, but once in a while I do like to find something positive out there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/188349-gutierrez-record-breaking-deportation-numbers-nothing-to-be-proud-of

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/race-multicultural/lost-in-detention/record-number-of-illegal-immigrants-deported-in-2011/

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 4:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2012