If you were induced with an IV drip?

Where did they put the IV? I have had IVs put all over before but the one time they put fluids through my hand and had an anxiety attack. It just hurt so bad. Where did they put your IV? Im being induced monday and I am a little scared they will try to put it there again. If they didnt put it in your hand what part of your arm did they put it?

babybump3166

Asked by babybump3166 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• On my hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• They put mine on the back of my wrist...they tried 8 times to get it in and that was the only spot it would work...
    Congrats on the baby!! And good luck
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Let them know how you feel about it and I'm sure they will try to put it somewhere else. However, keep in mind that they usually put it where they think the have the best chance of getting it right away. Also, if your nurse is having a hard time getting your vein, don't hesitate to ask for someone else. I give them two shots and then they are done! I'm with you, I hate IV's! Makes me queasy just thinking about it!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• they put it on my hand
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 1:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• hand and I hated it! I hate getting IV's in my hand..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Mine was in my elbow joint it didn't hurt at all. I was scared of needles till I was pregnant with my son and his bladder wouldn't drain so they had to drain it for him through out my pregnancy that was a big needle lol
    djpmommy

Answer by djpmommy at 2:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• the hand is the easiest place to get it in as the vein is huge and visable.The inner elbow can be deep and that sucks.tell them you panicked last time and they will help you thru it, and remember...the reward is a baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I had one in each hand. I had a lot of stuff going in, so they had to use two IVs. I definitely did not enjoy that. Just ask when they go to put it in to avoid your hand.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Just talk to your nurse before they do it. It's ok to talk to them about how you feel about things like IV's. A good nurse will listen to you, unless for some reason they have no option. They put mine on my hand.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• they put mine where my wrist bends. on the back of my hand kind of but higher up. she tried puting on my right hand but I freaked out because I am right handed-lol.......I started crying and went all hormonal. just tell them that you would prefer it not to be in your hand. one thing though, they gave me a little shot of numbing medicine where they were going to do it-I didnt feel anything after that :). if you have to have a penecillan drip because of group B, have the nurse wrap hot towels around your arm while its going through your IV-that is what hurt for me-it felt like my veins were burning inside but with the hot towel, it helped relax my veins and didnt hurt after that.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009