4D ultrasounds

does anyone know if i could get a 4D ultrasound at 25 weeks and i can see the baby's face and sex clearly? or is it better to wait till im 27 weeks?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah, you could see it clearly. We got ours at 24 weeks and could CLEARLY tell it was a little boy! The pictures were awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• idk i asked for a 3d ultrasound at my 20 week ultrasound
    my tec said most offices dont do it so early
    so when i went in at 35 weeks i asked and the thing was broken :(
    but it does not hurt to ask its wut ever u want
    if u feel like u can wait then wait
    but if u feel like u cant and u will regret not getting it then get it
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i got one done at 26 weeks and one at 31... omg the 31 week one was AMAZING!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i was 34 weeks when i had mine. It was so clear and amazing. I loved it. My doc's office didn't have a machine i had to go out of town. If that is the same for you i would wait just to be sure that it is the experience and quality you want.
    kaismommy921

Answer by kaismommy921 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Am I the only one that thinks that 3-D and 4-D Ultrasounds are "scary" and un-necessary?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• it should be perfectly clear! with my son his bladder wouldn't drain so they had to drain it for him and we had to get u/s once a week. we got our first 4d at 20weeks and you can see it if you get it closer to when baby is born it will look alot like baby earlier look similar just not as chunky good luck!
    djpmommy

Answer by djpmommy at 2:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree with Anonymous 2:16am (really you were up that early!) I think those 4 d ultrasounds make the kids look like aliens. I have NEVER seen a clear picture of either of my children with that thing. Plus, they don't look like fat little chubby babies...i kindof think they look monsters. To each there own though....Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes. anon I agree! The ACOG has even put out a warning telling women not to receive 3D/4D's for fun. They are serious medical equipment and should only be used for diagnosis that a 2D can't pick up clearly. 2D's haven't even been proven safe.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i know where i live they only do a 3d or 4d if you really need them with my first i just had one regular ultra sound but now with my second i have had 4 do to complications with my first daughter always going in too early labor and also with this one i have had problems with my kidneys but yes the 4d is amazing and it is very clear and 1000% more clear then the regular and it showed her stuff clearly and no mistaking her for being a boy lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009