i'm going crazy with my 2 year old daughter 4th week in training but just a little success! any tips?

alani226

Asked by alani226 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you are talking about potty training, keep doing what you are doing. Eventually, she will figure it out and do it when her body tells her that she needs to go. Using the potty when they are having a bowl movements are the most difficult for most children.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Back off and put it away for a while. This is a large change in her life. It is stressful for her and she can sense how stressful it is on you. She knows that she is failing and disappointing you but she can't do anything about it. Put everything out of sight and calmly, happily go back to diapers for a couple months. If she asks to use the potty, great! If not, start over with reading storybooks about it or watching videos about it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• IT TOOK MY OLDEST (NOW 4) TILL SHE WAS 3 TO FULLY POTTY TRAIN. AND IT TOOK ME FINALLY PUTTING HER IN BIG GIRL PANTIES AND TELLING HER THAT BIG GIRLS DO NOT POTTY IN THERE PANTIES. SHE ONLY DID A HANDFULL OF TIMES AND DID NOT LIKE IT BEFORE SHE GOT THE DRIFT TO GO TO THE POTTY. I STILL USED PULLUPS AT NIGHT BUT I SAW THAT THEY JUST GAVE HER AN EXCUSE NOT TO GO DURING THE DAY!! GOOD LUCK ITS NEVER REALLY AN EASY TASK AND EACH CHILD IS DIFFERENT!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 7:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well what have you tried?
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• They say NOT to push them...talk about it, let her sit on the potty when she is home....you will know when she gets it. If you push and they fail it is really hard on them. My Dr. said not to worry until they are three. My daughter is doing great - we let her take the reigns and she is going to be 3 in April and really just getting now....all on her own she is telling us and trying to even do it herself.
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 12:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yeah if you are going on 4 weeks and not getting anywhere I would step back and take a break. My cousin just did the 3 day potty training ...and she swears by it. She said the first 2 days were hell and she honestly didn't think it would work but by day 3 her daughter was potty trained. I would look it up online or see if there is a book on it. She is a stay at home mom so she was with her daughter 24/7 and for those 3 days they kept there daughter in underwear. As I said the first 2 days sucked ...she kept peeing in her underwear and they would rush her to the bathroom but by day 3 she really did comprehend it.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009