Do you think now is a good time to start ttc?

My son is 8 months old, and hubby and I were tlking about having another. We are going to start tracking my cyle on the 1st day of my next period...but anyways, do you think yes i want your personal opinion, that now is a good time in ttc?
FYI we want our children somewhat close in age...
It took us 5 years to get pregnant the 1st time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you can handle possibly having and 18 month old and a newborn then I say yes. If by chance you get pregnant right of the get go this time, then that is what you would be faced with, which means double diaper duty and trying to juggle the ever-growing needs of an 18 month old who hasnt quite established a lot of independancy and still would require your help a lot......if you can handle juggling that then I say go for it but if the idea of possibly having two that close scares you at all, I wouldnt do it. I took in two kids ages 15 months and 2 months in addition to my 2 year old and I tell you for the five months that I had them, it was the hard. but I did enjoy it. good luck!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'd say yes if you think you can handle it....my son is 20 months old and I just got pregnant and I am happy I waited til he was closer to 2 because the tantrums just started and he needs a lot of attention. So if you can deal with two screaming babies then by all means go for it...of course it might not happen for awhile but then again it could happen right away so just consider that possibility and make sure you are ready. He probably isn't running around, climbing on things, and making big messes with his toys yet either so it is up to you if you do or not but maybe think about where he will be developmentally when the baby comes and if you will be able to handle it.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you can handle it. But also note that if you get pregnant right away you might be due right in the middle of the holiday season. If I were you I would probably keep a journal to track things, AF, length of AF, CM and such.... and once the due date is clear of the holidays I might start ttc then...Plus this will make your son a lil older and maybe by then you can have him potty trained?!?. Or in a big boy bed, so that the crib can be used for the baby.....And when it comes time you actually want to conceive I'd BD every other day CD 8 thru a couple days past ovulation.....and use ovulation predictor kits. Good Luck with what ever you decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2009