what should be time table for my baby's food who is just 10months old. i m fed up of feeding him with breast milk and he hardly likes to eat any solid food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Huh? Sorry, I don't understand the question.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• he should have been introduced on solids at about 6 months. gradually working up to more solid foods. you need to introduce foods to him and several different foods. try cereal at first and mix some breast milk with it-this will let him associate breast milk with a more solid consistency. then you can mix in fruits into the cereal (gerber 1 and 2 etc..). but you deffinately need to work on it with him. dont give in. if he cries and does not want to eat and just wants to breastfeed, it isnt going to hurt him to miss a meal-keep trying to introduce the foods instead. if you give in because he cries that will set your progress back. just keep on trying.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I know I don't even plan on introducing solids to my DS until he is around 10-11 months. I'm delaying his solids since I am exclusively breastfeeding him. I feel that breastmilk is so much better than ANY food for the baby and benefits more from it. I would not just take the breast away but keep trying to give him new things. Try using real mashed potatoes vs the baby food kind. my DD barely had ANYTHING to do with that jar stuff and wanted either real food or her bottle.

Your baby may not be ready to have solids. He just may prefer breastmilk and there's nothing wrong with that to him.

Also. you could get those Gerber puffy things for him to pick up and try to eat. it's not food BUT it will get him into the "eating something other than mommy'y milk". Just try it and see what happens.
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 1:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Timetable as in what? What kinds of foods? Or how often to feed?

At this point, even though you're tired of it, breastmilk is supposed to be his primary food so he's doing what he's supposed to do. You can offer solids after every nursing if you want.

What solids are you offering? Some choices are less than thrilling. Rice cereal is a huge turnoff...it's amazing any babies accept solids once they taste that stuff. **grin** Try mashed banana or avocado.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2009