#7, #8, #9 Yes or No?

7) Yes or no: I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8) It is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it.

9) And the last one is the government works for me. The government answers to me. I do not answer to the government.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, yes, no
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, yes, yes. I recognize this. This is that we surround them thing. If you answered yes to about 7 of these questions you are supposed to send your picture into wesurroundthem@gmail.com. It is supposed to help get our voices heard.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• 7. Yes.

8. No. because unless you're in the founders' heads, you cannot be sure exactly what they meant. Dissent is America at its finest.

9.a and 9b Yes. 9c no...you DO answer to the government in the form of obeying laws.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• #7 yes, and the gov't shouldn't FORCE ANYONE to be charitable; it should be freely given!!!
    #8 Can of worms, but here goes: I think RHETORIC GOT US WHERE WE ARE AS AMERICANS so let the rhetoric stay alive! The Constitution is meant as a flexible document, otherwise Amendments would be outlawed, otherwise, we'd have no free-press and we'd be shot for handing out political pamphlets. So... in essence... NO
    #9 We should have a give and take with the government, so NO. and YES.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree with about 7 of these nine and more if I put greater conditions on them number 8 has me confused of course everyone has a right to opinion but anti American based on the constitution which is amended and our founders no things have changed in the past 300 years
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

•  

YES

YES

YES

THE CONSTIUTION IS NOT A LIVING DOCUMENT. IT DOESN'T CHANGE TO FIT THE SITUATION.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• THE CONSTIUTION IS NOT A LIVING DOCUMENT. IT DOESN'T CHANGE TO FIT THE SITUATION.

Then why are you allowed to vote?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• #8--yes
    #9--yes
    #10--yes and no
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 7:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• 7. Yes, but we all need to pay taxes.

8. No. Freedom of speech means I can say "Go to Hell America!" Even though I don't believe it.

9. No. It should be a give and take.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I totally agree with NotPanicking, too. Amendments mean that the constitution is constantly being redefined. It should always be that way.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009