I'm 38 weeks andd have had some contractions. I had an appointment today and I'm 50 % effaced and 3 cm dialated. If I'm feeling more contractions does that mean I'm dialating more?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could as you have already started.By more what do you mean? how far apart are the contractions, and how long do they last, and how painful on a scale from 1-10? they could be braxton hicks contractions still.If they are regular (ever 5-10 minutes) and do not stop after a half hour to an hour, call your doc.

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• just becaue you are getting contractions doesnt mean you are dilating more. you could have contractions for hours and hours longer and still have nothing change.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• that is true that you could not be dialating i had contractions for 4 days and didnt dialate at all til the fourth day . so for the prior 3 days i was only about a 3 it can take a long time or for all you know you may go in to active labor tonight ... i wish you luck

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009