dialating

I'm 38 weeks andd have had some contractions. I had an appointment today and I'm 50 % effaced and 3 cm dialated. If I'm feeling more contractions does that mean I'm dialating more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could as you have already started.By more what do you mean? how far apart are the contractions, and how long do they last, and how painful on a scale from 1-10? they could be braxton hicks contractions still.If they are regular (ever 5-10 minutes) and do not stop after a half hour to an hour, call your doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• just becaue you are getting contractions doesnt mean you are dilating more. you could have contractions for hours and hours longer and still have nothing change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• that is true that you could not be dialating i had contractions for 4 days and didnt dialate at all til the fourth day . so for the prior 3 days i was only about a 3 it can take a long time or for all you know you may go in to active labor tonight ... i wish you luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009