Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I go about filing for child support?

I need to take my ex to court over child support. What's the best way to go about this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Parenting

Answers (2)
  • 2 ways to go about it,dpending on your state.
    1.Go file in family court.
    2.Go to your local child support agency.
    Usually child support if you file will bring you into court to decide on what should be getting paid based off information provided.
    You or your ex may need to pay these court fees but like i said each state varies so call the clerk of courts and ask to get it started.
    Also if you feel it is too much to do on your own call a family law attorney.
    Good luck ~

    Answer by Baby1114 at 2:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • Was going to ask you if you have already an order in place? if you do you can either file to ammend the current order or hold him in contempt of court.,all done through family court

    Answer by Baby1114 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.