reoccuring yeast infections

is there any reason i keep getting yeast infections? to my knowledge im not diabetic or pregnant, but this is like my 4th in the past 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• I agree with the autoimmune disease thing. Being diabetic is also another cause. Have you had a glucose tolerance test recently? See if you can get an A1C done to tell you more about your sugar history. Then pursue the autoimmune route.

Oh, and ignore the "wash yourself posts" the women of intelligence on here know better then to write something stupid like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• ew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• -.- if you cant say something nice dont say it at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Try lowering your bread and sugar. Also eat plain yogurt everyday and don't wear tight pants and only wear cotton underwear.
    Anonymous

• wash urself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i do, i take a shower every day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Some women have more yeast than others. I would make sure that you don't get too moist. Try using baby powder. Eat yogurt. If you are interested, I sell organic chocolate that kills yeast and candida. It tastes really good and also promotes healthy weight loss. I recently read a study about women who were hungry all of the time, craved sweets, and were tired often....come to find out, some women have an abundance of yeast...not just in their vaginas, but yeast in their bodies. Once the yeast is under control, you will have more energy.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• wow i dont know why some anons are being ridiculous save for their own ignorance, but getting yeast infections does not mean you're dirty. it just means the bacteria (that EVERY woman has) that is in your vagina is out of balance. kacees mom has a good suggestion and anon :52. i would try acidophilus, it has the same active cultures of bacteria yogurt does. its the 'good' bacteria. have you had any infections that require antibiotics in the last 6 months? because antibiotics kill off the bacteria and then yeast grows. also i've heard the pill can do that too. hope this helps!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Have you been tested for autoimmune diseases? This can cause recurrent yeast infections. Explain to your Doctor what is going on and he/she will order proper testing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you're sexually active (without protection) you could have given it to your SO and he's just not showing signs of it...but he's giving it back to you....that's happened with me and my Husband...lol..you both need to be treated! and Voila....it's gone
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2009