What were your exepiences with the 30 Day Shred?

I had a physical on Wednesday to follow up on a minor er visit from a couple weeks ago. I'm in good health although, didn't get blood work or anything like that yet. But, I was weighed for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life! I never had weight issues until I went on Depo for 18 months & gained 90 lbs. Ever since that, I have struggled & now I am 5'4" and weigh 260 lbs! Well, I was disappointed to say the least.

But, I have been eating healthier, keeping track of what I eat , and today I did my first day of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

I didn't think I could get through it at first but, I DID everything, I just modified certain exercises as needed. I'm determined to regain my health but, I'm realistic, I know what lays ahead of me.

I'd like to heart your experiences for those you've done the 30 shred!

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 2:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Is it in dvd? or wii? or xbox?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Yeah I couldn't get through it. It was too fast paced for me and I kept hitting the pause button. Plus Even though I was determined to do it I lost motivation for it after about a week. I have seen one mom who did it and just looked fantastic afterwards. She had pics posted on her journal page. In fact that's what got me to try it in the first place. but if you'll be my support person I'll go for it again once school starts up on the 27th.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I downloaded it. So I watched it on my laptop. I didn't even know they had versions of it for wii & xbox!
    BubbaLuva

Comment by BubbaLuva (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• meoma- it's a Jillian Micheals dvd... (did I spell her name right?)

I know a bunch of people in the healthy weight loss group do it- and like it- but personally, I can't stand her so I do other things ;)

my advice is to take it at your own pace, and don't get discouraged. And make little goals for yourself that you can reach every day or every week so that it keeps you going and you don't worry about the scale ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I got the DVD so I don't think it is on wii or x-box
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Hey, if you need a buddy, 2, I'll help any way I can! I had some definite trouble spots during the video but, I would just modify, go a bit slower if I needed but, never stopped. I know my form wasn't perfect but, I did the best I could. Plus, Jillian designed the work out & gave her pep talk-comments at all the right moments! I have a total crush on her now! lol
    BubbaLuva

Comment by BubbaLuva (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I did it for a few days, got annoyed and bored with it, and stopped. I've started the 30DS about 5 times but never made it past day 3 or 4. I just don't like it very much and prefer other videos.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Yeah, I can't do the exact same thing for 10 days in a row. I didn't stick with it, but it can be decent. I have had way more success with Beachbody stuff - TurboFire and P90X led to 25 pounds down and 13.5" gone.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2012