New rules at work...

we have a new rule at work that any visible tattoos must be covered. mine is behind my ear and can't be seen unless i show you or you are looking for it but my manager says everyone must go and buy tattoo concealer. i told him with my recent pregnancy i have had an alergic reaction to foundation (which i guess he does not know is also considered concealer) but that i have been breaking out in hives when putting anything on my face, neck, and chest. he said that if i do not do this i will no longer have a job. what should i do? do you think my OB will write a note for something like this? and should i just call hr on him anyway..this is the district mananger..not my GM

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Money & Work

• There are so many products out there right now, surely you are not allergic to everything. I would comply if I wanted to keep my job... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• i even broke out in hives putting on aveno fragrence free cream
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Agree with m-avi

Also if noone can see it unless you show it or tell them you have one and where it is, do you still have to cover it?
    Since its behind your ear, will your hair cover it all of the time unless you wear your hair up?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• well, we do have to wear our hair up. I think the problem is another employee ratted on me..because i also wear glasses and its pretty small my glasses kinda hide it too. I refuse to put that stuff on me..so they can fire me. I did a pretty good job covering my ears with my hair today, so unless they come checking tattoos then i should be fine. if they do that..then i think they are just picking on me.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I think since it not noticeable than it should not have to be covered since it is already pretty much concealed by your hair and arm of your glasses.

Just in case talk with your doctor to see if they can prescribe a concealer for you.

It will be easier to do this, than to lose a job, you cannot get unemployment if fired, and it takes some time to find another job and start all over.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• well, we do have to wear our hair up.

^^You have to wear your hair up?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• huh?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Sounds llike you need to make a choice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• its a waitress job.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I've just never heard of any employer requiring you to wear your hair up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2012