Does your faith make you feel superior...

I'm watching a show on Bio right now and they're interviewing a woman about some Paranormal experiences she's had in her home and how they have affected her family. At one point she said "We're a good strong Christian family, we shouldn't have to go through this, we're better than this." Which struck me as odd. Now, I'm not Christian, but I certainly don't believe that my beliefs make me better than others or that because of my beliefs I would have different experiences than others... We're all human, no matter what we believe, no one, in my opinion, is better than anyone else.

So I'm asking that you all be honest here (feel free to go anon) - But do you feel like you're better or superior to those who don't have your faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not in the least.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• No, though there are those who believe that being good Christians will merit God's favor, so that could be it, like she felt He wasn't holding His end of the "deal" or whatever. Honestly, I feel that if anything beliefs/faith should make us more humble, make us realize more the way we're interconnected and the importance in seeing the worth in our fellow man, instead of seeing ourselves as better than anyone...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• No. It makes me feel good about myself, but not better than others

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• No. If anything it makes me more humble.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I am Catholic. I have for as long as as I can remember felt only peace. I love the calm and inner peace I feel after prayer.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• Is it possible that you misinterpreted the woman on the show? Maybe she was stating that she was disappointed in her family's faith. There are some Christians who believe that a paranormal presence is only present because of a lack of prayer and faith. I'm not saying that is biblically accurate, just saying some people may think that way.

To answer your question, no, my religion doesn't make me feel superior.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• "But do you feel like you're better or superior to those who don't have your faith?"
    No I don't. For that matter, I don't believe any faith is better than or superior to another faith. By: SpritiedWitch

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly This....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• No, I do not feel special or different in any way.
    If anything my religion has tried to emphasize the many paths and directions people may take in life, and that we should respect them all, even if we disagree theologically.
    collectivecow

Answer by collectivecow at 1:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• as jesus taght we are all the same
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• No, I do not. Nor do any of my brothers or sisters I have spoken to about the same thing. I feel however that some may have fallen from their paths or feel they are being unjustly tested by God. Possibly that woman on the television feels the same.
    RiskyMom

Answer by RiskyMom at 4:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2012