My female dog is pregnant....

And it looks like she is having the babies soon. We are really excited. You can see the puppies moving on her belly.

dianaNbryanMami

Asked by dianaNbryanMami at 5:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Pets

• What do you need to know about it?
    Is she having them at home,or at the vet?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I am hoping this is a registered pure breed dog?
    If not please get your female fixed after she has had her puppies and the vet says it is ok.
    There are too many puppies without homes as it is in this country and as the job situation worsens so will the dog's.
    It is irresponsible to just allow your aimals to breed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• @dardenella

She is pured breed and breeding was no in our plans it just happen and if u don't have anything interested to say just don't say anything because I don't post here to be bash . Thanks
    dianaNbryanMami

Comment by dianaNbryanMami (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• No bashing. Just please be responsible in the future.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• That was not a bash. But I will tell you several momma work in shelters where dogs must be put to sleep because their owners are irresponsible either in their care or breeding. If one of them sees this be sure you are wearing you flameproof undies.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Well, be prepared for a stinky, noisy mess when they come. I've seen the damage 1 puppy can do so I can't imagine a whole litter of them in my house! :p I'm w/ the other moms on the spaying idea too. GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• sigh... this makes me sad!
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Diana, it isn't a matter of being interested or not for people to comment on the fact that there are too many unwanted puppies and dogs overflowing shelters and being killed (skipping the nice 'put to sleep') every single day. Not wanting to hear about it doesn't change that. It doesn't change things or help the countless others roaming the streets, running feral in the countryside, being shot, poisoned, etc. because they are dangerous or a nuisance ... OR stop others from being tortured by sick twisted jerks.

I understand you are excited, but I agree with pp. Get your dog spayed asap after those pups are born. One irresponsible breeding is too many ~ don't risk another. If you think I sound harsh, you should be glad you weren't around after the days I spent in the euth room killing puppy after puppy, and kitten after kitten ~ all healthy, all loveable, all sweet. All unwanted.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I think it's funny that the title of this is, "My female dog is pregnant". Like your male dog would be pregnant, lol.
    Not trying to be rude, just found that funny :)

Mrs.J.

Answer by Mrs.J. at 4:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2012