Are you sure...

Do you have absolute faith in your religion, whatever it may be?

cjsk

Asked by cjsk at 11:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't have absolute faith in any idealogy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Nope. That's why I'm a strong agnostic.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• No not at all, hence why I stopped going to church... I believe in God (or Gods or some "greater being") but that's about as far as my faith goes, religions have too many man-made rules and beliefs :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I don't have faith, I have certainty.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I love my religion with all of my heart. But I also have a lot of questions, which is probably why my rabbi often dives for cover when he sees me coming.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I have absolute certainty in the virtues I believe in - in living a life of love and compassion and "spiritual"/personal growth. Do I have absolute faith that a man named Jesus actually existed or that there really is a God? At this moment, I do believe it. I don't question it in the sense that I am "unsure." But my beliefs are subject to change, seeing as I am open to new information. So I am not uncomfortable with the idea, if that makes sense. I consider myself a seeker of truth, and while I deeply believe in God, were I to be faced with undeniable proof that there is no Divine, I would just as easily be able to see the concept metaphorically and hold on to much of what I already believe (forgiveness, compassion, the innate dignity/potential of mankind), if that makes sense. I could very easily be a Philosophical Christian. I just do happen to believe God does exist. So the important part of my beliefs I AM sure of ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• Hope that made sense, haha. The important part would be the living a life of love and edification for my fellow man. Whether the rest of it is absolutely true isn't as important to me. I believe in it, but I don't need to. Just in case that needed to be clarified :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I have absolute faith in my beliefs. I don't believe in any religion.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• absolute faith...at first glance that seems like a contradiction. my beliefs are not perfect, complete, unconditional, or without doubt or question, so no my faith is not absolute. my faith is a journey with many unknowns. i can not say i will believe the same thing in a year that i believe today b/c i may grow as a person to see something better or more deeply than i currently do. i may be forced to look at something in a different way or answer a question ive yet to ask myself.

all i know of is that i have faith in a higher power and having searched my thoughts on the matter, my faith in it is fairly concrete...for now.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I have faith, but I also question. I do not belief 100% of what my Church tells me...more like 99.9999
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2012