Are you sure...

Do you have absolute faith in your religion, whatever it may be?

cjsk

Asked by cjsk at 11:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Im sure its right for me do I have absolute faith in it? No but I dont have much faith in anything right about now. I dont think you should put 100% faith in your spirituality I think you should be open to question and learn and grow in it.
    LadyLotus3

Answer by LadyLotus3 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I'm absolutely certain I'm on the right path for ME!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I don't follow a religion. I, like MamaK88, am absolutely certain I am on the right path for me. It may not be right for everyone, but spirituality is supposed to be personal, so I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• Yes
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I have faith in God and Jesus, in that faith I am confident in my church's stances
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I feel sure at this point...and I have asked for signs and validation for 15 years and I always get something so yeah, I feel sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I am absolutely sure that what I believe is my one true path. Does that mean I'm absolutely certain that it's the right path for anyone else? Absolutely not because another person's path is not mine to decide.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I'm Jewish: I was raised in an environment that fosters education and questioning.

I have always questioned and debated various topics: It would be intellectually dishonest for me to say that I have never questioned the validity of such claims. However, I have found that it is because I have debated and questioned everything about my beliefs, that I have found more respect, devotion, and faith in my beliefs.
    collectivecow

Answer by collectivecow at 1:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Yes and No. Do I have 100% faith in my path? Yes. I know without doubt that my path is the right one for me. Do I have 100% faith in my religion being the "right one" for anyone other than myself? No, part of my faith is understanding that everyone has their own path to follow.

I don't have "religion" in the way Christians, Jews or Muslims do. There are no hard written rules or beliefs. My "religion" is about growth and connections. This means I am always learning, always growing, always asking questions and seeking answers... So the very nature of my "religion" is not to have any absolutes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Absolute faith for one as flawed as any human being is, is absolutely impossible. Perfect faith is easier, but you only meet a few rare people with that kind of faith and typically they are children.
    RiskyMom

Answer by RiskyMom at 4:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2012