Is it possible.....

To have all the signs of ovulation (tender breasts, high soft open cervix, egg white cervical mucous, ect) but not be ovulating? My periods are like clock work, every 34 days and mid cycle I have the classic ovulation signs but still not getting pregnant. I'm just curious if its possible to have ovulation signs but not ovulate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• How long have you been trying? If it goes on too long I would say see a dr. But yes, hormones are so crazy I do believe you can have the signs of ovulating and not actually be ovulating.
    cjsk

Answer by cjsk at 11:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Ummmmmm, as much as I DO NOT want to answer this question...

I just have to ask.....

How do you know your cervix is high, soft and open?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• of course
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• How do you know??
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• If you are having regular, 34 day cycles, you are ovulating...and while your symptoms might start showing up mid month, you are in all likelihood ovulating around day 20. It is more accurate to assume you are ovulating 14 days BEFORE your period is due to start, than on day 14 of your cycle. Yes, on a "textbook" 28 day cycle, it is dead in the middle, but if you have a longer cycle, count back instead of forward.

That might be your problem...if you were trying around day 14 and then stopping...you might have just had your timing off.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2012