What would you say to this?

so my dd is turning 20 in a month,and has a 1 year old.anyway this is more about how my exdh is acting,when my dd was pregnant my exdh tried to bully her into having an abortion every chance he got, the same thing happened with ex;s mom she didnt want me to be pregnant with dd at all. my dd finally got fed up with it when she was 8 months pregnant and they (her and her fiance) moved into a group house. before my dd left her and her dad fought and she said "at least your only 53 and not 70!!!!"(my ex will be 54 in december this year and i turned 50 the day after my grandson turned 1) i find that very sad but true me and my exdh are in our 50's and granted our dd is only 20 this year im glad she had her ds i get to watch him grow up

what do you think? do you think my dd was right in saying that?

and before i forget my dd and her fiance moved out of the group home before the baby was born and are living in an apartment in Hollywood now her fiance works with my ex, so they are doing very good

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I don't really see the big deal, my parents are usually the ones saying that about themselves. They are saying at least we are in our 50's and can actually enjoy playing with our grandchildren. My ILs say it too, because they are in their 40's, and have 2 grandchildren. Not once did they say "I can't believe you had kids young" and not once did they try to bully us into aborting either of our children. They would not be in my life that were the case.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2012

• Plus I don't see why you are questioning if it was right to say it now. It has been over a year, you said she said it when 8 months pregnant and your grandson is now 1, so it is pretty much irrelevant now isn't it?
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• @af4life my ex still bitches at my dd for it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• She was saying he was lucky he was a young grandfather, right? I don't get why that is bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:25 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I'm confused too, was it that she referred to him as being a young gpa?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• apartment in Hollywood
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• his job is in downtown LA so they found an apartment close
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• from the perspective of a young mom, it is good and bad, on one hand my my mom is young enough to still run around with my dd (my mom is 51) but on the other hand, my mom is and will still be working for a long time (which is good that she's so young and I want her here forever!). What i'm trying to say is that I enjoyed going to grammies for a week or two every summer, whenever there was an emergency we could count on grammy because my grandparents were all retired, and it was their pleasure to drop everything and be available anytime. So on one hand they will see more of my dd's life, but on the other hand they are soo busy in the middle of thier own careers that they also miss a lot of the normal grandparent vacation, relaxing time with the grand babies. When my mom retires my dd will be almost in college, not iddy-biddy and cuddly. So it really is mostly good, but also very different than what I had.
    Hollander

Answer by Hollander at 11:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2012