The rant of a wife and mom

I feel under appreciated lately. I know that it happens to all of us and my marriage has gone through this before. But I feel like I am expected to do it all, and I can't. I can't be everyone's everything-I am not perfect.

I feel like the romance is gone. My husband gets upset because we don't have sex everyday. I would say that its once every three days. He keeps count of the days and when I start my period-he gets mad at me and then says "but we only had sex blank times last month!"

I say well, its not the end of the world, it only lasts 5 days. However, I NEVER say its been blank days since you've done something romantic! Its been over a year and when I bring it up, he doesn't care. But I am expected to take care of everything all day long, NOT be tired, go to school, and then be some horny porn star at the end of the day....I really don't have a question, this is just how I feel. Thanks for listening ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I know you don't have a questions, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have felt this way many times and it is very hard to get out of this funk.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's crazy that your hubby wants it that often. Tell him that if he wants a hot iron he's got to warm it up first! He is just demanding and demanding and not doing anything for you. He's got to start helping around the house more and throwing a little romance you're way would be great too. I know that feeling after a long day and you're sooo tired and all you can think of is your pillow. Then you FINALLY settle down into bed and get that "aaahhh" feeling and then there's a hand on your side and you know what that means!!! He's putting too much pressure on you. He's got to give some too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I felt like we had some of the same thing going on in our marriage, and I gave my hubby a choice. I told him to do something about it, or I would take our daughter and leave. He got some advice from his chaplain (he's military) and his parents. They told him to get the movie Fireproof and watch it. It has a religious premise, so it that goes against what you guys believe I understand, but this movie really opened his eyes about how a husband should treat his wife in order to keep the love alive. We watched it and my husband went and bought the book that it is based on. It is really helping us, but he has to want to help things change. Talking to him about how he is making you feel is the first step.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My daughter went through the same thing. Not only that, but her husband is an alcoholic and works 3-4 days a week while she works 7 days a week to try to keep them afloat, and still goes to school. After 7 years of this she finally couldn't take it anymore so she and her two kids left him and moved in with us. He actually said he would give her a divorce and anything she wants (tax
    refund, child support, etc if she would have sex with him one more time). This really let her know where his priorities lie and made it much easier for her to make the break. Self-absorbed a-holes don't change!!!
    Texasholdem_Nan

Answer by Texasholdem_Nan at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2009