Do any of you have highly sensitive children ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• My middle child is super sensitive. He worries about everything and everyone. At the beginning of this school year his teacher told the class "if you do not keep your desks clean, then I am going to dump them on the floor and you will have to clean them up" He came home from school almost in tears over this. I asked him why was he afraid she was going to dump his desk out.

He said "No, but what if it happens to one of my friends?"

I am not sure what you are looking for. We have found many ways to control this and to work through this. if you have any questions you can send me a PM

Good luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yep I have 2.

Answer by gemgem at 8:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yes my 9 year old son is his mothers child. He has anxiety and worries about so much for a 9 year old. I did the same thing and I continue to do it today. I am actually very concerned about my son right now over his sensitivity.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes my 3 yr old is this way. He tells us the strangest stories and sounds so worried and we have no idea where they come from. Last night he was telling us my DH's truck (which is black) was going to turn pink and get lost in the bushes. I have no idea where this came from. He does not like conflict of any kind. If DH and I are having a mild disagreement he will say stop being mean to each other. I hope he out grows this some.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, but he is outgrowing it. In fact now he is sarcastic. Go figure.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is extremely sensitive. She worries about everyone and everything, which makes her stress out.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, why?
    Anonymous

• I know that a lot of "sensitive" kids have a little extra something inside them. I believe these children have a very close bond with extra sensory things in our world and can emphathize with people easily because of that. Be happy your child is sensitive and encourage them to express themselves and their thoughts/feelings (they might be telling us things we didn't know). Also, I suggest researching "indigo children" or "violet children" on the web and in books. There are lots of great examples of "sensitive" children that have special abilities.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes. My 9 yr old son is very sensitive too. He worries and is very cautious about a lot of things. I am considering reading the book 'The Highly Senistive Child" to gain some insight. Has anyone read this?
    jdjam

Answer by jdjam at 1:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Within the past year we have discovered our 9 year old is highly sensitive. We have always thought so, just now we know it's a "real deal". Upon searching for info when having problems with school (getting upset in group situations, feels others emotions, ect) I found a great website & book that has pretty much explained all questions we had or made sense out of some situations. They have a self test that you take as a parent. I took it then had my DH take it (didn't tell him my answers). We eached scored our son the same. Hope this helps!

Book: THE HIGHLY SENSITIVE CHILD BY ELAINE N. ARON
    The website is by her also.

RnRmom76

Answer by RnRmom76 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2009