my 7 years old niece doesn't like eating any food and that's why she's getting weaker day by day. her mom is tired of her efforts to cook difernt sorts of food for her daughter. can you plz help??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First I would call the DR and see what they say. I know when my son was not eating much we gave him Pedia Sure shakes or something like that. You could try this, but there might be something else going on and that is why she is not eating.

Usually kids will not starve themselves and they only really need to eat 1 full meal a day. I know my son is a grazer so he does not really eat many full meals.

I also think that if she is not eating, but there are foods that she likes let her eat those. As long as it is not all junk she will be getting some nutrients.

Good Luck and again I would contact the DR first.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Def see a Doc, and the shakes mentioned above..they will have the nutrients needed, until she start's eating food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Sometimes these things are organic as in there is something medically wrong so talk to the pedi first and let them run some tests. It could be she has a tooth bothering her, a stomach issue, something fixable. Then sometimes this is non organic. She might not be eating because of stress, power struggles, or something along those lines but you have to find out why first she is not eating. Just serving different foods isn't going to help if there is an underlying cause. Don't look at the surface problem look deeper. And in the mean time give her chewable vits and nutrition shakes to drink.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Will that how my 6 yr old was and all the doc told me was make some food and if he/she do not eat they r not going to die. But at the sametime I would find something he/she like(no sweet things) and just make that.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 8:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Unless there is a medical reason she needs to be made to eat, she will learn to like it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree she needs to see a doctor. There may be sensory issues.....most of which are overcome by guess what...making them eat. Good luck and see the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The mother is probably very frustrated and does not know what to do. She needs to realize it is not her fault her daughter is not eating. She needs to take her child to the doctor and see what she can do. I would also have healthy snack foods available for her to snack on throughout hte day. Try making her a strawberry banana smoothie with vanilla ice cream yum

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009