What about the other virtues?

There are a lot of people who offer up their view on other people and how they do with chastity and temperance, but do you practice patience, kindness, and most importantly, humility, when answering these questions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Great question. And what about love. The greatest command is to love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• well I try, but I'm far from perfect. I'm atheist BTW. I don't act any certain way due to religion, I act how I do, based on how I was raised, and through what I have learned. I try to work on my patients with some people, doesn't always work, because there are some issues that I believe strongly in, and I get a little impatient with those that can't understand why I believe in these issues, so they start bashing. So in situations like that, I loose all patients, actually other than CM, I really don't get a lot of problems about my religious believes, and even here people seem to be more tolerant lately, which is good. To answer your other questions.. yes I try to be kind, and help others as much as I can, but that is done more through action than words, and in my community.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think most people try, but if someone is feeling guilty then anything said will be misconstrued ...

When emotions are involved, I think it's the height of stupidity for people to think they won't be offended at some point on dicey topics that concern explosive issues. Common sense should tell them to calm and down and listen to what is being said instead of feeling picked on. If a person feels condemned in themselves, they will feel condemned by anything said, even if only asked. "How are you today?"

MPO.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 5:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2009