ideas for a "big sister/big brother" party

My son has 2 kids in his kindergarten class that will be having babies in their family soon. Any ideas on a small classroom party to celebrate THEM?
Thanks!!

carkitmom

Asked by carkitmom at 8:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't want to sound rude of ugly, but why a party? Has this been done for other kids that are having baby brothers or sisters? Did the teacher agree with the party?

Last year when my DD was in kindergarten, there were 1st 2 moms that were having babies w/in a couple of months of school starting. The teacher asked for a blanket to be made. It was a cross stitch blanket, about 4ft X 5ft. We had the kids make their hand prints on the it w/ pink and blue paint and sign their names under the hand. I helped them do everything, I dipped their hand in paint and pressed it down on the blanket. They wrote their names 1st. If you want step by step let me know. It is SO much more memorable and the big sister /brother sat with my to help me.
    CrzyHome

Answer by CrzyHome at 10:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2009