Have you ever heard of EFT?

It's a great little tapping technique that can help you change your way of thinking about yourself and has been known to help relieve many chronicle problems. Here's a great video I found on YouTube that you can check out for yourself. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpITM08X3I

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 8:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ive seen this on tv before it was for weight loss. Affirmations and "claiming" your wants, needs and goals is a great idea. Ive book marked this.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Isn't that what scientologists do?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• well it's not my thing.. I do believe in the power of ones mind, but I think this guy is a little weird in the way he does it... but that's my own view. Personally I use meditation to help achieve what I want to achieve, and it works great for me..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I know your mind can do great things, but I just don't know about the tapping. Guess it's worth a try.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 9:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There's an "official" EFT website at http://www.emofree.com/.  The first paragraph says, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is an emotional, needle free version of acupuncture that is based on new discoveries regarding the connection between your body's subtle energies, your emotions, and your health. EFT has been reported successful in thousands of cases covering a huge range of emotional, health and performance issues. It often works where nothing else will.

Anyway, I used it once before when I was having a lot of troubles with my asthma and even meditation wasn't working and it did the trick.  So I think it's a pretty neat technique.

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, it's not what scientologists do. Maybe you are thinking of the emotional tone scale? Anyway, I've heard of it, have had it done, and know how to do it myself. I learned it from one of my Reiki teachers. I find it to be especially useful in situations that are hard to correct in other ways. It often works faster than meditation, affirmations and similar therapies. It blends well with aromatherapy, color therapy and other alternative therapies too.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009