Does anyone know where to get a grant for a woman to start a business? I am looking to start an enviromentally friendly outfitter in Ohio.

an Outfitter is someone who takes people on guided hunts. My husband would be the guider I will be doing the books. I need info. as to what classes I should take to run a business too.

bobbicroft

Asked by bobbicroft at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• You will want to go to www.sba.gov and you find information regarding loans, assistants with writing a business plan, and also find a mentor for free..  Depending on the type of business you are going to start you may want to look into associations for this type of business as they may be giving grants.

I know living in El Paso, TX they had the Spanish Women's Council and would grant money to women who wanted to start their own business. Look into women organizations in your area as they can assist you with to.

Good luck

michaelsmom2005

Answer by michaelsmom2005 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2008