i seem to have a problem

i seem to be losing my friends hand over fist ..i dont know what to do.or what i have done.i have emailed my good friend and she hasnt got back to me yet.i guess my question is how do i find out myself what is going on.i dont really associate with people to much cause they seem to give me a hard time.and i do admit i have a really hard time making new friends???any advice??

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• It's hard to answer your question with so little information. So I will make just some general statements. It could be that the people you think are your friends aren't really. Some people have a real hard time knowing how to be friends. They only want something from you at a particular moment. When they get it, they move on. Also, I think sometimes we are too needy for friendship and that can drive people away from us. They just don't feel that they have to give what we need or as much as we need. The other thing is that most friendships are for a season. People come into our lives for a while and then they are gone. It is pretty rare to have a lifetime friendship with anyone. It's not impossible, but it does not happen that often. So, maybe you need to let go of the old and look for some more new friends.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I too seem to have a hard time making new friends and keeping them. I just plain dont like people. When I do find someone I have something in common with, I hold on for dear life. Most of my friends last a few years and we end up changing and parting ways. I have one friend who has now lasted around 3 years continuously and I dont think she's going anywhere. A few others leave and eventually make their way back. Have you tried looking for other moms in your local area via Cafemom? I belong to my City and surrounding areas groups for this reason!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 1:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009