Do you feel you have let yourself go since having kids?

MsMESSx2

Asked by MsMESSx2 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Could I look better? Of course. However, I haven't changed my habits that much. I still put on make up, fix my hair (sometimes curls sometimes I straighten it), get dressed up, etc...of course I work so I kind of have to...but even when I stay home (vacation, holidays, etc.) I do all of this. DH works all day with women who take care of themselves and look nice. Why would he want to come home to a woman that's a mess (he would still come home, no doubt but why shoudl he have to?). He's the man I love and who loves me. Why would I dress up for anyone if not for him?
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh most def. My youngest is 6. IM a good 40 lbs heavier then I was when I got preg. with her. I cannot remember the last time I went shopping for "wants and not absolute needs" for myself. Its a toss up every day to curl my hair or just pull it back in a pony tail. Slip on sweats and work out pants are much easier and faster to manage then jeans and a nice shirt..............lol Yup My goshhhhhhh Ive turned into my MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• had my son and got married- and not completely let myself go but if im not going anywhere that day i'll pull my hair up and stay in pj's/comfy clothes all day. I don't do my hair and stuff just for hubby unless i'm in that kind of mood- I still have baby weight i want to lose though but i'm not fat or anything just not as skinny as i was..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Gravity, and age has taken it toll on my body. I will say.

Answer by louise2 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have been a mom for three weeks today and yes... I am a total mess right now.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• So funny because I am the same way. My youngest is 7 and I really need to lose about 40 lbs as well. I always say this is the day I am going to start and then I don't feel like it. Not only that it is so cold here right now I don't even feel like taking the kids to school let a lone getting up to go to the gym.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes I think I have a little bit.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've been working for 2 years (since having my last) to get into some sort of shape and be healthier. So, no...I've not let myself go.

However...I've not worked as hard as I could/should have, either! lol But I'm getting there! (I had 85lbs to lose, I now have 23)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, I've always been this low maintenance.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, I work and deal with people every day so I feel like I need to look good.
    meaganhtfld

Answer by meaganhtfld at 9:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009