Can you french braid your own hair?

I want to french braid pigtails to keep my hair away from my daughter. Tips?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 9:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah I can but it doesn't always look too great. Just make sure you keep it tight.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Easier to do when my hair is wet.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I can. I watched other people do it and that's how I taught myself. I can't look in the mirror and do it though. I get all confused if I'm watching myself =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In theory, I know how, but in practice, it looks really bad. I can on someone else's head though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, I can. Don't watch yourself. Do it by feeling it. Really its just a matter of practice and getting your hands to know where to go. Its harder to braid two separate sides yourself. Doing just one in the back will be much easier for you starting out. If you can do it on someone else, then you know how to, so just transfer that to your own head. Its basically like doing it backwards. Look for a how to video on the net. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm with salexander. If it's dry it falls right out but I used to do it all the time when my hair was long enough.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I can do my own but fail miserably if I try to do someone else's.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I can do my own hair, but only if its dry. I can't do it wet.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I can't do it to anybody. Myself included. I wish I knew how so I could braid my DD's hair.
    abmm

Answer by abmm at 10:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yup, but can't on anyone else. Now that DD's hair is long enough, she is my practice buddy :) I'm working on it! Oh - and my hair has to be wet too.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009