What was your last "I Can't Believe I Just Did That" moment ?

I had refifnished the entire dining room set 2 years ago and there was a flaw on the table top. I know better than to not drop under when working with chemicals, but it was just the top- I had resanded and was on my last coat of varnish. I had dropped clothed when I sanded but figured I would just be careful and didn't need to worry about dropping to just stain the top.   The stain was resting in the center where I had pulled the table apart. On my last pass I was not paying close enough attention and knocked the dark oak stain right off to the side. The floor below is an off white carpet. OMG !! surprise mini    2 hours later after hot steam cleaning,   Awesome cleaner,   Laquer thinner and a last steam clean it is not even noticable.     Good thing my sweetheart was napping.     Next time I will listen to that little voice of logic ....or maybe not..    :-)     

Asked by LeJane at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Probably when I went to the grocery store 3 times and forgot milk all three times.

Answer by booklover545 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• LOL! Good thing you were able to get it out! I just had a moment today when we were playing kickball. I was rounding 1st & realized the girl on 2nd was staying put so I had to turn quick & get back to 1st. I tried a slide that wasn't my most graceful moment! Oh well, they all got a good laugh & I didn't get hurt, so that's always a plus! lol :p

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• On Wednesday we were going to a museum in south jersey and I was driving and just looking at the scenery when I past the exit. No big deal to turn around but I was having so much fun driving and kind of zoned out.

Answer by robinkane at 5:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• Forgetting that Facebook was public. LMAO I was talking with other writers in a group that I'm in and mentioned how a scene in one of my books was based on something that had happened in real life and that he was a friend (it was "that" kind of scene) on FB, so I couldn't mention it on my page...and then someone reminded me that my comments in the group would show up in my timeline. It was more than a little embarrassing. But so far my friend hasn't called me out on it, so I'm hoping either he hasn't noticed or he doesn't care. lol

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2012

• I did a section hike of the Appalachian Trail this summer. I am 53 years old. My husband is 55, but he has hiked several sections with our sons. It was hard, but I did it. I hiked the last 2 miles with a sprained ankle. I now understand the mental focus it takes to do something your body is telling you that you can't do.

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2012