Wedding wear for a 7 yr old? Whats appropriate?

My brother is getting married at the end of March. My husband is in the wedding as an attendant so he will be wearing a tux. Being that this is not only a special time for us but also we are going as a family, I want myself and my children to be dressed comparable to what my husband is wearing. I know what I am wearing and I know what my girls are wearing, but I am having issues with deciding for my son. Should I do something like black chinos with a Ralph Lauren button up and a sweater vest or should I try to find him dress pants with a vest and maybe a tie. Hes only 7 so I don't know how he would feel about the tie. We will be taking pictures together and with the bride and groom as well. What would be appropriate?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 9:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• black chinos and a botton up that matchs well with you & your daughters dress's I think would be just fine. Boys are so much harder to dress then girls. My son is 22 now & I did something right because he is dressed very well all the time.
    balladawna

Answer by balladawna at 9:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• is it an evening event? I think at 7 yrs.old you could go either way. There are cute "clip-on" ties for this age. This could be a long day - comfortable would be better than whiny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Whatever is going to keep him from being uncomfortable would be my vote. Something nice but comfortable for all the kids.

Maybe have the tie so he could wear it for a picture but not make him wear it all the time.....

And nothing you're going to be upset if it gets ruined....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, thanks for asking...Its a day wedding and reception and then an evening private party with a sit down meal.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yeah, I agree about comfortability. Hes seven so its not likely hes going to be still and I am sure there will be other boys there to play with. Theres a fountain there and I have a feeling that the boys will be in it before the day is up!...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009