I need help - who do I see ?

I have become very paranoid and kind of neurotic over the past few months. Every other thought in my head is worry about something happening to my family. I also have OCD and it has gotten much worse than it ever was. It is really interfering with my life and I need to go talk to someone. So - who do I go see? A psychologist, psychiatrist, or psychotherapist ? Or is it up to me ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• It really is up to you, but a psychiatrist has the ability to write prescriptions if you need them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would start off with a Psychologist & if it's more serious they can refer you to a Psychiatrist. It might help just to have someone like a Psychologist to talk to. I hope it gets better for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would start first with your medical doctor they can refer you to a therapist (be it a psycholigist, counselor, or social worker) and / or a Psychiatrist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2009