Having Problems With Baby Sleeping At Night.....

Just wondering if neone had ne suggestions my daughter is 6 weeks old and she just doesnt want to sleep at night... she will fall asleep in mine or my boyfriends arms or when we pat her on her back when shes on our shoulders but as soon we put her down when she falls asleep she wakes up and starts crying all over again... we tried the gas drops they work but at night seem to have no effect so im geussing its not gas.. if you have any solutions please let me know... me and my boyfriend are goin nuts lol....

Becca_Lynn

Asked by Becca_Lynn at 9:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at 6 weeks there really isn't much you can do, she is still adjusting to life outside the womb. Do you swaddle her? That may help get her some sleep. We were a co sleeping family though, so we never had that issue, she'd just sleep with us.

Develop a bed time routine, such as feed massage feed bed or something. You can try swaddling so she is warm and snug as well, and be patient. It will happen..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Try swaddling her! She's still so new, she probably wants to feel secure. I would also go to Walmart and get the obus form noise machine, it has a selection of white noise on it, and it soothes babies to sleep and stay asleep. It's only 20 bucks or 30 at the most, and it worked like a charm for me, my son was EXACTLY the same way!!!! I'd set him down and he'd be wide awake. He slept on me for a few weeks until my mother found the noise maker. Good Luck!!
    p.s while holding her, turn it on..then set her down after she's asleep see if that keeps her asleep..or swaddle and let her lay by herself with the noise maker on. I swear by this machine!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• http://www.soundmachinereview.com/obusforme.html

this is the link to check it out!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She's still pretty young. I personally believe that it's better to let a baby learn to fall asleep on their own, by themselves. I know how sweet it is to rock your children to sleep, but sometimes that can create more problems. And as another poster suggested, a bed time routine is key. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yea i usually dont swaddle her.... ill try it.. and wat is feed massage or feed bed? jus curious....

ill go pick up the noise maker ill try anything right now.. lol.... thanks for the advice girls... :)
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 9:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• ok i just tried swaddling her and she threw a fit about her arms being confined... nemore suggestions?
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 12:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2009