How will the Windfall Tax affect you???

Nancy Pelosi wants to add a Windfall Tax to retirement accounts such as 401k's and any other retirement account. How will this affect you? Do you agree with this? She states this tax would help pay for illegal immigrants and the poor.

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• heck no, AND I MEAN HECK NO..I AM PAYING FOR LEGAL AMERICANS. NOT ILLEGALS THAT DO NOT HONOR OUR FLAG, OUR LAWS, OR REFUSE TO SPEAK ENGLISH... I FEEL SO STRONG ABOUT THIS, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK.,,DON'T TELL ME I HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH, DON'T TELL ME YOU WANT TO TAKE MY GUN, DON'T TELL ME--I TELL YOU--THE GOVE WORKS FOR US...HAHAHAHAHA... JOIN GLENN BECK GROUP..SICK FREAKS-A TRIBUTE TO GLENN BECK..AND WE ALL CAN VENT..YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT IS GOING ON THE USA/MEXICO BORDERS..YOU SHOULD BE SCARED/
    yiayiaann

Answer by yiayiaann at 10:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• This is not true.

I despise the woman, but lets condemn her for all her several thousand real failings, not the invented ones.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks, Not Panicking. It is nice to debate someone who can at least see truth from fiction.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 10:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• This woman is so awful. Even if this isn't true, she lives in her own fantasy world!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• This is not true but with Pelosi it could be someday. The woman is a moron.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Why do people have to bring ILLEGALS into every single issue?? Like they are sooooo bad and are tearing our country apart?

Get your children off their asses and make them go out and work the fields and do all the other jobs that they used to do before they got "too good for it", then complain.

In areas where there have been mass deportations, there are crops rotting in the fields. Plants and towns shutting down due to lack of a workforce. Which is a joke because everyone is crying about unemployment, yet now there are jobs that need to be done and no one wants to step up and do them.

When I was unemployed and had bills to pay. I, a white American woman, got a job working on a farm in the tobacco fields. It was the hardest damn job I have ever done. I had to tie baggies of ice around my neck all day so I wouldn't heat stroke. I earned a whole new respect for people that were willing to work that hard every day.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• ""DON'T TELL ME I HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH, ""

No one says you have to learn Spanish. BUSINESSES are the ones who are making everything bi-lingual, to appeal to a wider demographic. Not the government. There are no bilingual street signs etc., like in Canada, where there are two national languages.

And you cannot get food stamps, welfare, medicaid, etc, without a valid SS#. If you don't believe me, call Social Services. I'm getting sick of hearing ignorant remarks about Illegals wasting resources.

BTW- just because someone is Hispanic and doesn't speak English does not mean they are illegal. I know several Hispanic people that were born here and don't speak perfect English. One was raised in Mexico and an hardly speak English at all, but he's just as much an American as you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks Not Panicking for the reality check.
    Illegals have been and still are the scapegoat for all the scared rabbits in this country who don't want to take the time to find out what the real problem is in this country: crooked politicians. Look at the FDA and the current peanut contamination; they were obviously not doing their job. The FTC and all the garbage with sub-prime loans and, for all their loud disaproval of the stimulus package, all the gov's and mayors scrambling for their share.......our problem is not with illegal immigrants, rather it's within our very political fiber. If anything, illegals were a boost to this country because the labor costs were so obscenely low, that the companies that were using them (!) were posting killer profits. I know that here in Florida, if it were not for church groups, most of the illegals who do need assistance would probably starve without the church groups.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/studies_show_us_economic_strif.html - 70k -

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009