Is it weird the my hubbys best friend has become my bestfriend?

He comes and sees me more then he comes and sees my hubby latly. Nothings going on between us in any way other then friends just talking and laughing. But other people I know think its a little strange. I want other people opion. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if this is a good guy then IMO he feels "safe" around you. You belong to his friend, so are therefore off limits and "not really a girl" in his eyes. He sees you as a female that he can talk to, ask opinions on girl matters, etc. Especially if he doesn't have a sister. And guys can't talk about everything with each other...so you are like a "bonus pack" that goes along with your hubby! My hubby has a lot of friends that call me to talk about girl related things and like to hang out with me. I will say though, that they are all on the up-and-up b/c they do not hang out with me at home unless hubby is there or on his way and we clear it with hubby if we are going out in a group where there will be guys there but not hubby.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It can get hairy and weird. I would tell him he can come visit but he needs to be visiting you and your DH at the same time. My husbands best friend is one of mine too. However, he only visits the house with me by myself, if say I needed something during the day and DH can't get it to me. =)

Not saying you would but a lot of women this happens to end up falling for "the other guy" just because it's a new and exciting relationship.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well if nothing is really going on then I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe he feels more comfortable talking to you than your husband. I don't know that I would go places with him & so forth without your husband but if he is coming to yalls house and talking to you then fine as long as it is not causing problems with your husband. If it starts causing problems then you probably need to sit down with this friend and let them know that they are your husband's friend and are not showing it very well. You also have to be careful b/c they may want more than being friends and they are just waiting for the right time to show it.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 9:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i am closer to my hubbys friends than i am with my own, well for the most part anyway. lol
    Girls start way too much drama and guys are more laid back and are more fun to hang out with, and i have also learned that guys are more trustworthy with secrets because most women are too eager to stab you in the back! lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 9:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks that makes me feel a little better. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• That is weird.
    How would you feel HONESTLY, if your best girl friend came by to see your husband?

Does he come by to see you when you husband is NOT home?
    CrzyHome

Answer by CrzyHome at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's not strange to me, sometimes men like the advice a woman offers over that of his male friends, which can sometimes be judgmental. Just as a woman sometimes gets along better with a male than a female. But I would be a little weary.. sometimes with men, they are looking for more than some advice and friendship, as long as you don't lean that way, and make sure he knows that won't happen, things will stay fine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If I had a girl friend that was as close to me as he is with my hubby, it would not bother me if she and him were friends. But I dont get along with women well, I have maybe 1 female friend besides girls on herelol . Ive always gotton along with men better, my best friends have always been men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You are playing with fire and if you value your marriage, you will blow out this flame.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• How can I when the man is like family to us?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2009