Gagging himself

Why does my 8 month old son do this? He'll make him self throw up sometimes and its grossing me out. Its not like its occasional, he mostly does it when he's in his highchair eating. He'll do it over and over again, like every five seconds. He's driving me nuts!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he doing this with the spoon?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Does he fight you to sit in his highchair? He may be doing it becuz he doesn't want to sit there. Just likes kids throwing any other tantrum.
    CrzyHome

Answer by CrzyHome at 9:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Sometimes he'll fight me but he doesn't really act mad or fussy, he just sits there to be doing it. He does it with his hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son sometimes does that too ... it is annoying! The only thing I could think of is to distract him by giving him a toy to play with.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm glad my son isn't the only one who gags himself! I HATE it when he does it.. he's never made himself throw up, but he'll stick his fingers in until he makes this really awful face. I take his hands out as soon as I see him doing it and tell him "no!" If he doesn't stop, I'll hold his hand for a little while so he can't stick it back in (and play "pat-a-cake") or give him something to keep his hands busy (like a toy)
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 1:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009