someone gave my daughter the new britney spears cd, should i throw it away??

i was listing to this cd and i just relize that she was saying f*ck me in one of her songs!! my daughter is 13 and she wont even touch the cd!!! the front cover is not that bad.. but the lyrics......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I see nothing wrong with her having the CD. If it is a issue with her give it away someone will love to have it!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I LOVE her new cd. but 13 might be a bit young. If she doesn't want to listen to it then yeah throw it out- otherwise its your decision. I mean if she might listen to some songs on the radio..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'd throw it out. That's Britney for ya!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• actually she is saying 'if you seek Amy"
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 9:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think Britney is not a good role model for a 13 yr old girl. I'd def take that cd away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Does the CD have the lyrics typed in the cover? If not go look for them on the internet.
    CANDICE BROOKE is correct, she does not say F****, she runs the words together of "If You Seek Amy."
    Give the words to your DD so she can read them with the song, and not be mistaken.
    CrzyHome

Answer by CrzyHome at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yea um...read the lyrics dude. but if you daughter wont touch the cd then whats the question, obviously she doesnt want the cd either...you could try to trade it in at your local music store like FYE for store credit or soemthing, get soemthing she wants.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with britney she is a woman like any other which has had trouble in her life and now everything is going back on track she worked to gain our trust and respect like many other women do.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If she doesn't like Brittnay Speers, then yes, get rid of it. I've never really been one to censor music for my kids, within reason of course. By the time my son was 13 I didn't worry about language in music, cause quite frankly, he's heard them all by that age lol. But if she doesn't like the CD, either give it to Good Will or toss it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• it's actually pretty good. If she wants it let her listen to it. IT's not rated and you don't get carded to buy it so the lyrics cant contain inappropriate lyrics. There's not mature sticker on it -Thanks Tipper.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009