Ouchies! Heartburn in your throat???

For the past 2 days my throat has felt like it is on fire!
About every 30 seconds i feel a big rush go through part of my throat and it feels like a ball is trying to get out...Then it stops and then it just burns for another 30 seconds.

Ive tried drinking more water, eating a popcycle to cool it off, ive tried tums and ive tried Zantac..

Nothing is helping...And its really bothering my throat and a little in my chest..

I feel like i have pressure in my chest too...I dont feel "Sick" its just my throat and i dont have a temperature...

Anyone know what could be going on here? Any advice??? =[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like acid reflux. If OTC stuff isn't working you may need to see a doctor.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've gotten this with both of my pregnancies. I've cleverly nicknamed is "fire breathing dragon assaulting my esophagus" lol this is the only thing that helps me.
    In a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup honey. Shake thoroughly to combine. Take 2 Tablespoons whenever you feel it coming on. I swear, it works miracles.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Your pregnant right...I had the same thing, mostly when I was laying down, or if I ate something that caused it, it would start right away. It's acid reflux. Sometimes worse when pregnant. I never had this a day in my life when I'm not pregnant. I used tums like a maniac. That's all that worked...OH and eat an apple!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's really just reflux.heartburn. I tried so many different OTC meds during my pregnancy for that. If they aren't working for you, talk to your doctor they may be able to prescribe something for you. My doctor gave me Zegerid. It worked pretty well for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Im 29weeks pregnant..i have heartburn in general...but nothing this bad...i wanna cry...its like that acid feeling after you puke and your throat feels all acidic...THATS kinda what it feels like...
    Anonymous

• Ugh! I had horrible heart burn while preggo too. I had a bottle of Tums mint Smoothies at all times and would eat 2-3 at a time. Did you try the smoothie ones and were they minty? I found that the fruit ones just didn't do the trick. The cool mint is soooo soothing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• BUT ITS NOT REALLY IN MY THROAT! JUST PRESSURE!! I FEEL IT ALL IN MY THROAT!!!

it doesnt feel like heartburn AT ALL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's acid reflux, I would talk to your OB/GYN and see if he can't give you something stronger. I had when I was preggers with my daughter and still have it 10 years later
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• awwww =[ that sucks! alright...a call to the doctor is a must now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009