• In the Spotlight:

formula....

ok another question... my daughters 6 weeks and throws up almost everytime she eats... we tried good start soy and she threw up alot... then we tried the regular good start and she throws up about the same but is really gasy now... what do i do....?

Becca_Lynn

Asked by Becca_Lynn at 9:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Throw's up...or spits up?? Because my son spit up a lot when he ate...and you know it's not the lactose if she's doing it with alsoy. I suggest you have the Doc check her stomach even if you have to have x-ray's done. IF it's severe vomiting and not just spit up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• switch formula. We had to switch formula with my son 3 times before we found one that he did not throw up and was not gassy. Our doctor told us to give it a week or so with the formula because switching could be the problem. I was hard and felt like forever but we finally got a good formula. You could try like the enfamil gentalease(not sure if that is how you spell it)but there are some that are supposed to help gas. I wold talk to your doctor. Good luck!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• well sometimes its spit up... it looks like formula just comin back up but sometimes it kinda looks like cottage cheese.... sorry sounds gross but... lol and its spit up jus a little bit at a time? because its alot when it comes up...
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 9:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's not about consistency, it's about the amount. Is she throwing up the entire amount, or spitting up an ounce(ish)?

Are you making it ahead of time so the air bubbles have time to dissipate? Burping after every 2 ounces helps, too. Keep her upright for at least 20 minutes after a feeding (head and chest elevated)

If it's all she's eating coming back up, you need to speak to the pediatrician about it.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• its not all that shes eating but its a majority of it. and its not all at once its a number of times after she eats... and every time we burp her like half of wat she eats comes up.. so about a half of ounce... ??
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 10:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There are lactose free formulas out there, there are also hypo-allergenic formulas. Some babies just spit up. My son was one of them, we would have to burp him half way through a bottle, which would PISS him off royally lol. She could be lightly refluxing, which is common in little ones. Like another poster said, keep her upright for at least 20 minutes after she eats, it's usually not a good idea to lay a baby down right after they eat. Even us grown ups shouldn't do that, it's bad for digestion
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think you should be discussing it with your pediatrician.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The reason for the problem may be this:

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease:(GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• that gerd needs to be medically treated right?
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 10:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes it does,i would talk to your babies doctor.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009