Is Obama losing the stimulus message war?? IS Conservative Talk Radio to Blame?

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/politico/200902050337

At this crucial juncture in the push to pass an economic recovery package, President Obama finds himself in the most unlikely of places: He is losing the message war.
Despite Obama’s sky high personal approval ratings, polls show support has declined for his stimulus bill since Republicans and their conservative talk-radio allies began railing against what they labeled as pork barrel spending within it.
The sheer size of it – hovering at about $900 billion — has prompted more protests that are now causing some moderate and conservative Democrats to flinch and, worse, hesitate.
The anxiety over lost momentum seemed almost palpable this week as the president in television interviews voiced frustration with his White House’s progress and the way his recovery program was being demonized as a Democratic spending frenzy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who says Conservatism is dying? I think this is proof Conservatives are still out there and have a strong voice!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• "the way his recovery program was being demonized as a Democratic spending frenzy"

At this point, I have to ask - has HE actually read either of the bills?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• IT IS a democratic spending frenzy good grief.

I agree conservatism is hardly dead.

That is a lie which was of course meant to try and cause some to lay down and give up.

hold the line :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• His approval rating is NOT sky high! Asa matter of fact I saw that it was dropping!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Amen Anon 8:55! Conservative talk radio has published the truth behind this bill. Line for line! When it is actually read in it's entirety even Stevie Wonder can see the Dem spending frenzy is more than an economic travesty!! Folks aren't as dumb, naive and blindly following this "messiah" as he hoped they would continue to do. I'm betting that the honeymoon is over now that folks are really seeing NObama for what he really is and this stimulus package is just the beginning!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes i do believe that conservative talk is to blame, it goes both ways. I have hope that things will work out, & i believe in time Obama can fix things. Go ahead & bash me, I now understand this is a right wing mommy cafe. So i expect harshness from y'all.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• He stimulus bill is a Joke it will help no one. If people would just STOP thinking of this or any bill as a Democratic or Republican and start to think of the people they would do much better. We need jobs and we need our own money to pay for our bills. We do not need condoms!
    Lets us keep more of our money and bring back the large Co.that have gone over seas and stop buying from China. This will help all.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Obama's stimulus package is ridiculous. We as Americans do not have that kind of money. Maybe he should donate it all from his pay if he wants it so bad.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Samuri...Do you support this bill? I am all for him trying to make things better and I hope he will sign a pkg in to place that will help, but I don't think this pork filled product is it! And to basically say that Republicans are stopping this bill just to be pissy is wrong! It's a bad bill and really needs to lose a lot of weight!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• What we need is to stop the war between Dems and Repubs. Right now the US is in dire straits. We need to find and answer TOGETHER! The conservative radio talk shows are only tearing us all apart even more. We need to find compromise. THAT is the most important goal right now. We can't sit back and do nothing. The economy and the American people need help NOW!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2009