WHY AM I HAVING PANIC ATTACKS?

Every day I work I am put in the drive-thru. It resembles a small box. I am claustrphobic. I can handle it,once in a while but not for 7 or 8 hours every time. I have begged them to not put me in there. There are others who know the drive-thru. I get really nervous,my heart races and it is hard to breathe. I am fine behind the counter. I feel like I am closed in otherwise. I freak out! I throw the headset at the manager and says give it to someone else and I go outside or to the bathroom to calm down. I get so overwhelmed! I am looking for another job,without a drive-thru! But,I can't afford to stop working the one I am at!UPDATE:  I SAW MY DOCTOR AND HE GAVE ME A NOTE FORBIDDING THE JERK OF A MANAGER FROM PUTTING ME INTO A TINY DRIVE-THRU!!!!  VICTORY for me!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 11:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2012 in Money & Work

• Have you told the manager the real reason?

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I think it could be more than just the drive-thru,, you work for shitty people, a shitty boss, you never know how many hours you are going to get, they take advantage of you, were of no help with your hand,, PLEASE find another job! You don't deserve to live like this.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2012

• kimigogo-I know! u r right! I have been looking.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Considering everything you've been posting the past few months, the real question is how you have been managing NOT to have panic attacks.

Keep looking, and I hope you're looking at jobs other than fast food.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• gddiamante-I know,right! I am looking into all fields that I qualify for. Like medical,and dental. This so called job I have now,was never meant to be a career! Thank goodness!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I feel for ya. it is a hard thing to go through having panic attacks and some ppl just don't understand that or exactly what it is you feel - it is a HORRIBLE feeling. I had them for many years when I was younger and in stressful situations & points in my life. I would try & get a not from your Dr. saying you have an anxiety disorder? and not to put you in that situation? if your Dr. is cool he or she will do that for you. Do you take meds? like Ativan etc. just to have when you get one? I hope you find something better for you & less stressful, hang in there.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• sarasmommy777-I used to get them years ago,but the past few weeks they came back. I need to get a note.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Yes, I would a specific not is what you request they can not deny you if you have a note and WTF are you on drive thru for so many hours? don't they rotate? that doesn't sound fair.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• sarasmommy777-No they don't rotate! They should! I cannot handle all the exhaust from the cars It is too much!!! They always say close the window! That does not help!!! I can still smell it!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• that's horrible
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2012